Friday, April 1, 2016

A is for Abuse of Children Florida Style



So I signed up for the April challenge of blogging once a day acrostically (each day's title begins with a new letter of the alphabet moving from A to Z). The challenge is that the first day has to be a snapper, a real attention-grabber, that will keep readers coming back.

Sigh. I started this blog to share my occasional thoughts on education, theology, and world events. It was not meant to be produced on demand or a deadline, but then I did agree to post every day, except Sundays, this month.

Stuck. Geez, looking at these first three paragraphs maybe I should have revealed my eccentricity from the get-go, I'm good with the acrostic, but I'm starting with S. Because S begins the name of my blog, Stone Eggs, yeah, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

In all seriousness (another S?), blogging often seems like the ultimate ego-indulgence. Doesn't everyone in the world want to hear my brilliance? But sometimes someone says it better and, as a blogger, I want to recognize those someones.

I am a teacher. Standardized testing and its accompanying evils are often on my mind. I read many teacher blogs. Here in Florida, many outrageous stories about testing abuse take place every year. I could try to write it myself, but Accountabaloney has said it better. Prepare to be outraged. Here's your link:

https://accountabaloney.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/floridas-testing-obsession-threats-lies-and-the-emotional-toll/

No comments:

Post a Comment